Monday 19 March 2018

Duathalon

LI: I am sharing some of my ideas, feelings and thoughts on my blog about the

     Duathlon  today!


Success Criteria:
  • It makes sense when I read it
  • I have used capital letters and full stops correctly
  • I have had my blogging buddy check my blog before I publish it

  • Running laps,
  • Supportive friends and family,
  • Accomplishing the 2 course Duathlon,
  • Stretching before the duathlon starts,
  • I felt tired and exhausted after my race

"Duathlon Day" I sighed. The Duathlon starts 9am sharp and my Brother is up second. We rushed around at home. Then  I remembered I forgot my drink bottle just as we were at the corner of my Street. I didn't want to rush my Mum. Anyway we had no time to go back it was 8: 50. We got to school and lined up with our classes and went to the duathlon waiting area. We waited in year lines on blue tapolans. 20 minutes later and the year 5 boys have just been called so that means i am up next. My heart was pounding like never before. I set a goal. My goal was to beat my friend Kohine. " Year 6's " called Matua Ferogos. I got really nervous. As I was marching over to the starting line. I saw my Mum. She was cheering me on so much it made me much more nervous! We finally got ready, because lots of year 6 Girls were putting their feet over the line. Cheaters. " On your marks, Bang " I sprinted away and by time I was on my second lap I said to the girl beside me I regret sprinting at the start.  But i think she was confused, because she didn't see me sprinting at the start anyway. Coming around on my 3rd lap I walked the hill. When I got up the hill I started jogging again until I got to the bike station.  I was still thinking about my goal. 2 minutes later I was running across the grass and onto the road. I slowly lifted my bike over the bump and on to the reserve. All I could hear was panting, lots of panting. Biking on the bumpy grass was a bit of a challenge. I always went past the cone then turned the corner, so i didn't have to slow down. I did that 11 times. I hopped off my  bike and crossed the road. Then I hopped back on again. I biked up the road and along the path then dropped my bike over in the transition. Coming through the gap and down the hill I ended my duathlon with 2 laps running. As I was running down the finish line I was thinking about my goal. My goal was to beat Kohine and guess what I did she was 2 people behind me. I was stunned. I've never beaten her before. I didn't come a placing but  did accomplish my goal.

Please leave some feedback and comments about my learning

2 comments:

  1. Hi Naomi,

    I am so pleased that you achieved the goal that you set for yourself - woo hoo! The words that you chose in your writing really made me feel how you felt during the race.

    Did you have a buddy who checked your writing before publishing? Who was it? Did the look at the success criteria - I am especially thinking about using capital letters correctly. Can you edit this so that capital letters are used to show that you know when to use them correctly.

    Thanks
    Storm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs Dunn,

    My buddy checker was Riley. Thanks for the feedback. I felt so cool when i achieved my goal. I used thesaurus.com and also my brain to come up with those cool adjectives and verbs. I buddy checked after i published my Duathlon post.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.